Sunday, July 28, 2013

Venice - last night in Venezia


Last night in Venezia was even more quieter than the first night.  Having dinner right beside the canal should be quite romantic.  We weren't that hungry after the tiny snack from St. Mark's square (San Macro).  There were night gondola rides available, I heard it was more expensive.  I don't think there's much to see at night; it was so dark everywhere along the canal.  There were hardly lights, especially the smaller alleys and smaller canals.  I guess it could be more mysterious.

Display of the Venetian Seafood

bits and pieces at night


The alleys in Venice were so narrow, the most narrowest street in Paris couldn't compare.  The government did such a good job to preserve all the buildings and streets so vintage.  

The vending machine for cigarettes.  No ID needed.  How convenient for the smokers.  I'm glad they don't have this anymore in Canada.

During our walk back to the hotel, we saw a group of young people doing crazy things for their bachelor party.  I saw this guy who wore a big paper sign with a hole in it.  I believe he didn't wear a pant.  I didn't really walk closer to have a closer look.  I was too distracted walking by a dead rat right in the middle of the road.  I didn't know how the rat just died in the middle of the road, I wonder if it was stepped by someone, because it looked like it had been pressed and there were no cars nor bikes in Venice.  


There were millions of bridges in Venice, they were all nicely built.  So arties.  We got hungry again and we didn't want to spend that much money,  so we just walked back to the hotel's snack room and filled our stomach with their snacks.  Their selection of drinks was pretty awesome.

One thing I should have done and I missed it: I should have tried their Tiramisu.  I heard the Venetian Tiramisu is quite unique, and all Italian cities have their own unique ways of making Tiramisu.   But I find all restaurants have different textures and taste of tiramisu in Italy, because they all have their own homemade recipes.  But Tiramisu and cappuccino are must try when you travel to Italy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment