Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Random Thoughts

So it's been a month since I last updated.  Initially, I wanted to share my thoughts on my travel experience, and eventually I got too lazy.  I guess I would update some blogs about Paris soon.. not that there's anyone reading.  I'm not a good writer but I like to share my thoughts.  I don't mind there's no one reading this because I'm really just venting.  My sister suggested I should type up my travel research for her to read.  Sure why not.  I guess I do have too much time after work, since for the past month I had been doing travel research full time. 

So I was planning on a 1-2 week vacation in between Apr - Jun, here are the stuff I had been reading up on:

1). Vancouver -> Tokyo (3 days hotels included) -> Kyoto -> Osaka -> free stopover at either Beijing or Shanghai -> Vancouver     - pretty good deal (>$1,200 cad)

2). Vancouver -> Honolulu, Hawaii -> Maui -> Vancouver
             - cheap deal from Westjet ($483 round trip direct flight)
             - the ok hotels were quite $$ (plus the resort fee, parking etc etc)
             - checked out the 7 days hawaii islands cruise. ppl commented that the cruise is quite rundown. If I want to go on a hawaiian cruise, balcony option would be ideal.  $2100/per person - then I rather take a cruise to Greece & Turkey :p
             - rental apartment from www.homeaway.com gives better deals on accommodations. probably half of what you pay for hotels.

3). All-inclusive deal from Vancouver -> Cancun (7 days)
             - I only checked out the 5 stars hotels....on average about $1500 - $1800 

4). Vancouver -> Cuba (7-8 days all inclusive) - $1305
              - my colleague complained the bed from the 5 star hotel was too hard, her friend was bruised by sleeping on the bed.  
              - people from trip advisor also complained about the bed too, saying the springs were falling off or sth
              - most people online said 5 stars are just 3 stars in Cuba.  Maybe? I don't know

5). Dominion Republic - Punta Cana is the most popular island for tourists
                                 - but for YVR, there are too many transfer flights (flight's duration is too long)

6). Vancouver -> Paris -> Milan -> Vancouver (12 days)
              - I wanted to give myself in Paris one more chance. I wanted to enjoy Paris more.  I believe it could be better  (~$2100 cad with hotels)
              - pretty good deal from vancouver -> paris ($893 direct - after tax)

7). Vancouver -> anywhere in South America (ex: Brazil, Peru, Argentina and Chile)
             - ok, that would be another post of yapping

No comments:

Post a Comment